Friday 31 January 2014

Blasts from the past. Notes and poems from 2001.

I was searching for some string early this morning;  Ruby wanted to play a game with the kittens.  Didn't find any string but came across a notebook dated 2001 that contained some crayon scribblings by a then two year old Harry and some scribblings by me-  notes about being a woman and a feminist in the noughties, a couple of poems to the guy I was dating at the time and about 15 or so little poems that I had written for my two year old son. It sent me off into floods of tears,both happy and sad at remembering, the nostalgia, the little things I had forgotten, those days were golden and blue.


Grandma and Grandad's Shop

My Grandma and my Grandad
Have a teddy-bear shop
with teddies sitting all around
from the bottom to the top

I love to go and see them
Grandad makes a cup of tea
He puts it in a yellow cup
Especially for me.

I really like the teddy-bears
Tho' best of all must be
The card stand that spins round and round
You'll have to come and see!

Going to stay at Grandma's House

I'm going to stay at Grandma's house
I've packed my teddy-case
Got my pyjamas and my sleepsuit
And a big smile on my face!

So tired!

I'm really not so tired
Don't want to go to bed
Want to watch the telly
Won't rest my sleepy head.
My eyes they will stay open
If I try with all my might
Don't want to fall asleep yet
I'm staying up all night!

I'll just close my eyes a little cos  
they feel a little sore
Snuggle in to Mumma
then snuggle in some more.
Don't know how I got here
but I'm in my little bed
And now it's bright it's morning time
Feel sunshine on my head!

Going out with Dad

Going out with Dad today
We're going to the sea
Got my bucket and my spade
and a picnic lunch with me.

I'm going to build a castle
big and strong and tall
with flags upon the turrets
and shells upon the wall

I love to run and splash about
making lots of waves
exploring all the deep and dark
there are dragons in those caves!

I wish I lived beside the sea
I'd play on the sand each day
collecting shells and finding crabs
Oh what a holiday!

Wellies!

I've got my bright blue wellies on
And my green rain hat.  Nearly ready to go out,
Look, here's my anorak!
Mudding pies, flapping wings
Splishing Splashing everything!
Oh mum, look now, I'm soaked right through
I need to come inside with you.



For the Birds 

Mummy made a cheesey pie. 
I made a pastry cake
I made it for the birdies and I put it in their lake.
Then I hid a bit away
to watch the birdies come
I think that when they flew away
I heard them say 'yum,yum!'

If I was an Elephant

I wonder if I had a trunk 
Where I usually have my nose
If it could reach down to my feet 
So I could smell my toes.

In the Garden

 Today in the garden in a big red pot
We put some little seeds in and put compost on the top.
Mummy filled my watering can, right up to the brim
I held it over the big red pot and poured the water n.

I wonder if tomorrow, there'll be flowers big and tall
With lovely bright red petals, they'll be loveliest of all.

A Bath Song

Row Row Row your boat
Up and down the bath
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is such a laugh

Baking

Weigh the flour, whisk the eggs
Add the sugar, now, what's next?
Turn on the mixer, spin it round
Turn out the mixture, cake tins found

Into the oven, golden brown
Into my tum, quickly down.

One Two

One Two
I love you!
Three Four
Love you more!
Five Six
Give you a kiss!
Seven Eight
It's getting late!
Nine Ten
Bedtime Again!

Fly to the moon in my highchair

If I was an astronaut
I'd fly up to the stars
I'd have a shiny spaceship
I'd fly all the way to Mars
And then there I'd have to stop
and have a cup of tea
with the Martians that live up there - I could bring them home with me
Maybe Martian tea will be a bit like chocolate milk
and the clouds I think they live upon would be as soft as silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment