Sunday 26 January 2014

It's been a while, well, almost two years since I have posted anything. Not that I haven't been cooking,  mummies are always cooking!  Today we made pizza dough (500g plain four, I use half wholemeal, a teaspoon of dried yeast or one of the easy blend packets, a teaspoon of salt, about a mug of cold water and a good dollop of olive oil) I use passata as my tomato topping.   I let the kids roll out and top their own pizzas, they enjoy it and so doI,even if it is a bit messy. There are rarely any leftovers.  We also made lentil daal pasties, apple turnovers, and just now pasta with lentil and red pepper sauce followed by oaty blue rock cakes ad it is the Oaty Blue Rock Cake Recipe I want to post.  Sunday evenings I always need cake, and it is very handy to have something wholesome ready to go into lunch boxes on a Monday morning.  Recently I have been adding oats to just about every cake I have made and wanted to share today's recipe with you:

Oaty Blue Rock Cakes


Set your oven to 200C and grease a baking sheet. This recipe will make eight cakes.

4oz plain wholemeal flour
1oz plain flour
2oz porridge oats
2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn mixed spice
5 dessert spoons agave nectar
4oz blueberries
1 oz flaked almonds
4oz vegan margarine
1 teaspoon of Ogran made up with two tablespoons of water or as directed on the pack.
A little milk of your choice to mix to a wet consistency. I used soya milk.

Sift flours, spice and baking powder in to a large bowl, add the oats.  Add the agave nectar and then mash in the margarine with a fork,so that the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.  Add the egg replacer and then   the blueberries and the flaked almonds, giving to a good mix.   Each cake should be about one heaped dessert spoon, you want to make 8 cakes from this mixture.  Bake for 12-15 mins. Put them on a wire rack to cool (if they last that long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment