Thursday 9 February 2012

Mum's Baked Tofu and Roasted Veggies

Baked Tofu, Roast Veggies and Noodles



This is the way my mum taught me to do this:
1 block of firm tofu (I have used Cauldron Original)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Combine the soya sauce and sunflower oil.  Drain and cube the tofu;  pat dry with a clean tea-towel.  Put the tofu in flat ovenproof dish and pour the sunflower oil and soy over, turn the chunks of tofu so they are all covered.  Leave to marinate for a few hours (or not if you don't have time!) Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the tofu. Bake at about 180 C for 40 mins.

I love tofu.. so would quite happily eat this on its own on my own but it is really enough for two adult portions.  Tonight, Ruby and I are having this with some veggies that I will put in the oven about half way through and probably some chow mein noodles with peas.



This tofu is high in calcium and iron and is really tasty.  Peppers really high in Vitamin C.

1 comment: