Saturday 11 April 2015

Omega Bread - Vegan, healthy, wholemeal and very tasty!

I know I've done a bread recipe on here before but this bread is so easy I had to put it on.
I use this as a way to get linseed/omega into my kids.  I like to make our own bread as then I know exactly what's in it - I hate reading complicated ingredient lists on the sides of packets.
Also, good it's wholegrain carb goes really well with lentil soup or beans to make a full protein.

450 gr Wholemeal flour
50 gr milled linseed
teaspoon brown sugar
teaspoon salt
heaped teaspoon easy dried yeast
400 ml warm water
a little vegan margarine to grease the tin
some sunflower or pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top if you like



Equipment
2lb loaf tin
Large mixing bowl
Large metal spoon for mixing
Wire rack for cooling

1.Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2.Add the warm water.  Mix well. Mixture should be wet but not sticking to the sides of the bowl.
3.Put into tin.  Put a few seeds on top, if you like.
4.Turn oven on to 180 C
5.Leave bread to rise while oven heats up.
6.Bake in the oven for about 40 mins.
7.It should come away from the sides of the tin when it is ready and turn out very easily.
8.Cool on a wire rack.



The dough will rise well.  I have sprinkled some sunflower and roasted pumpkin seeds on top here, use whatever seeds you have, or don't bother, it is fine without too.











No comments:

Post a Comment