Sunday 21 March 2021

Courgette and Carrot Falafels

We picked up courgettes for 49c in Aldi last week and they aren't the favourite vegetable in this house.  I am  going to make chutney with some of them but I wanted to try some in a falafel recipe today.  Usually when I make falafel I use soaked chickpeas but I didn't have time today. 




This made 12 falafels at a cost of  about 80 cents 

Ingredients

Tin of Chickpeas - drained and rinsed

Onion - chopped

Garlic

Cumin

1 carrot - chopped

1courgette - chopped

Wholemeal Flour

Salt

Chili pepper

Sesame seeds

Method  Add everything to your food processor except the flour and blitz until smooth.  Add enough flour to get to a consistency where you can shape the mixture into balls but wet enough to easily coat in sesame seeds.

Bake in a hot oven for 20 mins,


We had these with crushed chips, salad and a slaw made form even amounts of celeriac and carrot



No comments:

Post a Comment