Monday 29 March 2021

Mushroom Soup


 I don't make this often because I'm the only one in the house who eats mushrooms. It is a treat!


Ingredients

Oil Spray

1 onion, finely chopped

2 cloves of garlic, chopped

1 punnet chestnut mushrooms, washed or peeled and sliced.

1 dessertspoon cornflour

100ml reduced salt soya sauce

Water or plant milk (I used cashew milk today as it was open, I would normally use oat milk)


Method

I bought a set of cast iron pans last year and used the largest one to make this soup.

Start heating your pan.  Add a spray of oil.

Add the chopped onion and stir in the oil.

Add the garlic, stir.

Add the mushrooms, stir with the onions and garlic.  Add a spray of oil if needed.

Add the soya sauce.  Stir and leave to cook for a minute or so.

Add the cornflour.  Mix so it doesn't go lumpy, your soya sauce should start to thicken.  Add the milk or water. 

Serve!  





No comments:

Post a Comment