Saturday 6 March 2021

*Product Review* Aldi Sweet Potato Burgers

What an absolute delight to find good value, tasty vegetable burgers on the Aldi chiller.  




I picked up the Aldi 'the deli' Sweet Potato Burgers with Chunky Chickpeas, Sweet Potato and Fiery Indian Spices last week when I did the supermarket challenge -


212kcal per burger
4.2% fat
6.1% protein

look at that texture - perfect

and give it up for my chips! These are double cooked and baked in a teaspoon of oil


they weren't part of our list but I needed something like that for our fridge for the weekend.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much because I've been disappointed by veggie burgers so often over the last 40 years.  I wasn't expecting burgers that sell for €1.79 in a discount supermarket to rack up the positives with me  I also wasn't expecting the rest of the family to be impressed but how wrong was I.    These burgers got top marks from all of us;  they look great, have a lovely firm texture and taste delicious. 

We had them on our Saturday night junk food night but being one of your five a day and only 4.8% fat, do they really qualify as junk food?  No, I don't think they do!  Fast food but not junk food.

Well done Aldi!

We will definitely buy them again and we will be back to try the other flavour options on offer too.

5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment