Friday 26 March 2021

Review of the Plant Kitchen Green Thai Curry and Jasmine Rice

 loumosslovevegan's profile picture

From our #supermarketchallenge earlier today, the Plant Kitchen Green Thai Curry and Jasmine Rice.
We had them with the sweetheart cabbage also picked up this morning in @marksandspencerireland
They usually retail at €5.50 here, with the yellow sticker this morning they were €3.85 each. The sweetheart cabbage was .72c, we had half the sweetheart cabbage each. Total dinner cost was €8.42 or €4.21 each.





This was a fair bit more expensive than cooking from scratch but a lot cheaper than a takeaway.

The fat content is quite high at 37%. Anything over 17.5% fat is considered high fat so this really is well over that. The saturated fat content is more than 50% of the daily recommended intake.
Salt content is also very high.

Taking all of that into consideration, we really enjoyed the food. The Green Curry was absolutely delicious, spicier than I thought if would be. The vegetables were lovely and crisp, the rice was perfect. I can still taste the sauce in my mouth, delicious. I could probably eat it again right now even though I don't have room...
I'd probably buy it again but I'd feel guilty about the fat content and I'd want a yellow sticker!

I went to the Mary St branch at just after 8am on Thursday 25th March.  There were a lot of yellow sticker items and if I had a bigger backpack and a bigger freezer, I'd have bought a lot more!


No comments:

Post a Comment