Friday 19 March 2021

Food Art and Porridge Art - this week's Instagram Project

I didn't mean it to become every day, it was just one day.  But you know, we have to take one day at a time.  And it's been a week.  Only a week.  


Anyway, time has an ethereal quality right now.  Caught in lockdown to lockdown and not knowing when it is going to end, it feels almost like life is on hold but my mirror tells me that life is very much ongoing as I see my hair growing longer, my wrinkles deepening and my daughter overtaking my 5 foot 9 inch height.

Anyway again, this post isn't about my musings of time, this post is about the art I've been creating this week on my morning porridge.  I wanted to put a post together so I would have all the photos together.  So here goes.  

Friday 19th March
Why is it Froggy Friday? Well, it's Friday and it's that time of year when you're likely to see frogspawn in ponds. Froggy says she's happiest when her spawn is left alone.

Frogspawn is always laid in clumps, and shouldn't be confused with toadspawn (which will appear in a long pearl-like chain, rather than a bundled mass). Remember, if you do spot any, it's always best to leave them alone - don't move them from pond to pond and definitely don't collect them in buckets.

Have a lovely Froggy Friday ๐Ÿ

Thursday 18th March
This little bear is out for a walk with his big green balloon.
I couldn't get him to smile for me. I asked him why so sad little bear.
He said he was worried about the plastic in the balloon, if he lost his grip and it floated away it could end up somewhere and cause dismay.
I said it's okay bear, your balloon's made of kiwi but very good point about the plastic. We should all be more aware. Please smile little bear, it's not down to only you to save the world ❤️๐Ÿ’š

Have a lovely day! If you supermarket shop today, leave your plastic behind ๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŒฟ


Wednesday 17th March
Greetings from Ireland
Today is the day
We celebrate st Patrick
Driving the snakes away

Lรก Fheile Sona Daoibh
Happy St Patrick's Day to you!

Don't forget to eat some extra green fruit for Ireland today!
☘️๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ’š☘️๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’š☘️
P.S. there were never snakes in Ireland because the ice land-bridge with Europe melted before they got here
P.P.S. snakes are a metaphor for paganism. Too bad it's not a metaphor for sneaky politicians!

Tuesday 16th March
Happy bunny says have a lovely day and asks you to eat an extra piece of fruit for her, if you can, on this grey day ❤️
If you overslept, like me, this morning, I hope you're not late for anything other than breakfast


Monday 15th March
What's on your #veganmenu today?

Our household has been vegan for years and our daily menu, in its simplest form mostly looks like this

1 Porridge
2 Soup and sandwich or toast and salad
3 Root vegetables/wholegrain carb green vegetables or salad, bean or lentil dish

Snacks - fruit with yogurt, chocolate, tea, coffee, plant milk, water

Wise porridge owl says it's easy peasy!

Sunday 14th March
Sunrise

Saturday 13th March
A Butterfly but it didn't really work out!

Friday 12th March
Hearts

Thursday 11th March
Happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment